Dinner at The Main Conservatory at De Hoek Country Hotel in the Magaliesburg is a treat & a half.
From the moment you walk in to the restaurant, it sure has a homely feel to it. I can just imagine the fire roaring in the fireplace on a cold night, whilst sampling a delicious menu that has been put together in a way that will have your taste buds savouring every bite.
The menu for the evening has specially been prepared by Chef Jacques Swart for the occasion.
Amuse Bouche -
- lemongrass infused garden peas, crispy potato, tomato mousseline & anchovy gremolata
Course One -
- duck liver cheesecake with almond base, cape ruby gel, duck prosciutto, tonka. almond & cauliflower froth
Course Two -
- octopus carpaccio, scallop puree, radish, bisque aioli with coconut & creme fraiche sponge
Main Course -
- beef rib eye, onion 3 ways, crumbed beef tongue, semolina, walnut & pinotage beef sauce
- languedoc, benedictus, fig, kiwi, quinoa
- chocolate, liquorice, passion fruit, hazelnut, thyme sable
This is a restaurant that provides you with a 5-star feel, 5-star service & 5-star meals. It's pretty much everything that you'd need when not at home & wanting that home feeling with great food & fantastically paired wines.