Aurelia's at the 5-star Peermont D'oreale Grande hotel at Emperors Palace offers a world class fine dining experience. Chef Andre Bezuidenhout is making magic & a new range of inspired dishes are coming out of the kitchen.
The new menu is taking your traditional African cuisine to whole new level. Building on the much enjoyed signature Aurelia's dishes, Chef Andre is excited to offer something exciting & unique.
I popped in to sample their brand new 'degustation' menu, that has been paired by the resident sommelier - Boitumelo Maphela.
Amuse Bouche -
- olive ground, caramel popcorn, soya reduction, salt rock, parmesan wafer biscuit
- paired with Krone Night Nectar Demi-Sec
- field mushrooms, mascarpone, scallions, dried tomato, garlic, shaved Karoo crumble, arugula, bruschetta
- paired with Diemersdal Chardonnay (Unwooded)
- crab meat, shellfish putu quenelle, onions, olives, dried lemon smoked mussel tortellini, beetroot brulée, sweet basil oil, black salt, arugula dust
- paired with Hermanuspietersfontein no. 7 - Kaalvoetmeisie Sauvignon Blanc
- beef 3 ways: fillet, cheek & oxtail tortellini, parsnip, roasted butter stamp & beans, sweet corn mousse, baby vegetables, mushroom cream
- paired with Raka Biography Shiraz
- milktart truffles, cinnamon meringue, vanilla coffee ice cream, hazelnut praline, apple mousse
- paired with Simonsig Gewürztraminer
South African local cheese board -
- local Karoo cheese, stewed fruit compote, blue gum honey, Mosbolletjies crostini
- paired with Muratie Amber Forever
It's taken the team just over 2 months to develop this new menu & ensure that all the flavour profiles are perfect before launching it to the public. Well now here is your chance to test it out for yourself.
You won't be disappointed. You even don't have to do the entire 'degustation' menu, but rather test out some of the new dishes on the menu, which now have a slight modern twist. And they are even open over lunch time for those days that a quick sandwich just won't do.