Wednesday 14 December 2016

and on the 2nd Day of Christmas...


So I was lucky enough & privileged enough to be the owner of the very 1st bottle of commercial bottle of Westcliff Handcrafted Copper Distilled Gin. (That's really just so cool!)

So basically, I was literally one of a handful of people to try out this new creation for the very 1st time. It is really something special & each time that I find myself using Westcliff Gin, I discover a new flavour, a new smell & I simply just fall even further into love with it. I remember my very 1st smell left me with a very distinct floral note on the nose. (Yes, that's me being fancy. But with enjoying such a bottle of gin, being fancy comes naturally.)

Lets start at the beginning.
The look. Just how amazing is this bottle? The design is beautiful. So elegant & upperclass. It takes me back to my idea of what bottles looked like back when The Great Gatsby was sipping on Gin Cocktails. 


A little history lesson. Gin arrived in Johannesburg back in 1884, with the discovery of gold. The Westcliff Gin is inspired by the rich heritage of the gold flowing through the veins of this landscape & has been skilfully infused with natural botanicals, that are native to Africa. (A botanical is essentially a part of a plant or an extract of a plant.)

This is honestly really something special & I will be drinking one or 4 of them whilst on holiday this year as I am chilling on the patio staring out over the sea. 

Now for the fun part...


My very own Westcliff Gin cocktail. (Nameless for now)
Ingredients:
- 1 tot Westcliff Gin (2 if you are feeling in the mood)
- Blueberries
- Star Anise
- Mint
- Fever-Tree Elderflower Tonic Water

Cocktailing:
- Add the Star Anise to your Westcliff Gin
(let that stand for a few minutes)
- Crush the Blueberries & Mint together
- Crush your ice
- Add the crushed Blueberries & Mint to the ice
- Add the Westcliff Gin & Star Anise
- Top it up with the Fever-Tree Elderflower Tonic Water

Now you are ready to #PassTheGin & add a bottle under your Christmas Tree this year. Readily available. Just check it out here.

Yes... I'm Santa Claus again today. Thanks to Westcliff Gin, I have 2 bottles of Westcliff Gin to give away to 2 lucky readers this Christmas.

How to enter:
1. Like As Seen By Lloyd on Facebook or Follow @Lloydi_Boy & @WestcliffGin on Twitter
2. Repost this blog post, remember to include the #12DoCwithLloyd, on Facebook or Twitter
3. Tag a friend in your post with whom you like to #PassTheGin 
NB. Remember, you have to include the #12DoCwithLloyd otherwise I can not see who has entered.

Good Luck!

Winners will be announced on 25th of December 2016.

Oh! And keep your eyes on the my social media & blog, there are more giveaways coming your way in the next few days leading up to Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment