DIESEL TO SHOW #FW16 READY TO RETAIL SHOW IN TOKYO TO CELEBRATE 30 YEARS IN JAPAN
Diesel, the establish premium fashion brand rooted in denim mastery and founded in 1978, announces an official fashion show and exhibition in Tokyo on September 6th to celebrate the 30 year anniversary of Diesel in Japan.
“I have always been in love with Japan. I visit the country regularly – just as my design team, we do our research there, so one could definitely say that Japan always played and still plays a big part in Diesel’s global success! So I dedicate this 30th anniversary to Diesel’s Japanese supporters, who always push us to do more and better. We have some new crazy, cool Diesel stuff being put together for this anniversary, with a show and an exclusive heritage exhibition!” Says Renzo Rosso, Diesel founder.
The celebratory event will be broken down into 2 parts on 6th September in Tokyo:
- Introduce the heritage of Diesel with an exhibition of Diesel's famous archive focused around key denim looks from 1978 to now, curated by Nicola Formichetti.
- FW16 collection catwalk show, executing a real ready to retail concept as the collection presented will be available in store and on line from that same day.
- The show will be followed by an after party where top customers and selected international press and digital influencers will be able to immerse themselves in the world of Diesel.
“Japan is where I was born and it has always played a prominent role in my creative process, being a constant source of inspiration, being a huge part of who I am. And now it’s a match made in heaven for me, as artistic director of Diesel, to be able to celebrate 30 amazing years of Diesel in Japan. We are working hard to prepare an upcoming series of amazing events to mark this 30 year anniversary with a big boom starting with the exhibition and show on September 6th ! I just can’t wait! “Explains Nicola Formichetti, Diesel’s creative director.
At the occasion of the 30th anniversary of Diesel in Japan, the brand is launching 2 denim capsule collections, bias-cut denim and a Jogg jeans utility type, which will be available worldwide on Diesel’s e-commerce site from the 6th September.
Alongside these events Diesel launches 3 collaboration collections dedicated and exclusively distributed in Japan, the collection will be in collaboration with:
- Japanese Menswear designer N. HOOLYWOOD established since 2000.
- Japanese young designer Yuko Koike, recipient of the OTB award at ITS 2015, showing the brand’s dedication to fostering & nurturing creativity; the collection will be exclusively distributed at Isetan Tokyo .
- Porter - Yoshida & co. Producer of quality bags made in Japan for over 80 years.
Follow the #DieselJapan30 & #ForSuccessfulLiving on Social Media to check out the hype.