Tuesday 8 December 2015

Cullinary Adventure with Zomato at Kream



#ZomatoXKream

So for as long as I can remember, everyone has raved about just how amazing Kream, the restaurant in Brooklyn is, and just how great the food and the experience that they have had there is. Until recently, I was just one of those that had only ever heard about going to this restaurant. Now I can actually give you some feedback about it and what I thought about my dinner experience there. 



Arriving at a plainly set table with candles to provide light and a napkin to fold over your lap and beautiful wine & water glasses. (I am a sucker for a beautiful glass.) Our server immediately asked if we would like to enjoy a glass of water whilst we wait, and so she poured sparkling water for the table. 



1st up was some fresh bread served with a range of condiments. Butter. Biltong Butter. Olive Tapenade. Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar. Just a small snack to nibble on whilst we wait. I must just add, the Biltong Butter is really good.



Entree - Salmon Tartar, Cucumber ribbons. Red onion & Coriander salsa. Served with crisp Tortillas and Coriander Oil. A wonderful taste of freshly, finely chopped salmon with crispy salsa are a wonderful mix of textures served on this plate. Where the coriander salsa & oil give the dish the perfect bit of flavouring. This dish was best paired with Circle of Life, a White Wine Blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc & Semillon from Waterkloof Wines.





Oh! And to clean the palate, a dollop of fresh strawberry sorbet is served between all meals! YUM... I could eat just that for dessert too!



Starter - Sesame marinated Mussels served in a creamy Crayfish Bisque with Fenne & Nori. I know that a lot of people do not eat mussels because they do not enjoy that 'sea/fishy' taste. Well with this dish, there is none of that. A perfectly soft cooked mussel in a sauce that bursts with flavours with every bite you take. Don't expect a white wine sauce. It is just so much better. This dish was paired with a Chardonnay from Bartinney wine estate. Which was amazing as the Chardonnay just compliments the seafood so well.




Main - Ostrich Fillet medallions with a Bourguignon style sauce served with a crispy Fondant Potato and braised fresh Spring Onion. Wow. What a dish. Beautifully cooked Ostrich Fillet. Perfectly tender. I generally won't  order a steak of any kind at a restaurant, since I do believe that I can prepare a steak exactly the way that I like it. And I prefer Ostrich meat above other red meats and I was thoroughly impressed with this dish. The crispy potato! Damn. It was good. I do have one suggestion on this dish; add another potato! Red meat paired with a glass of my favourite red wine, a Malbec. This red wine came from Chateau Lagrezette called 'The Original Malbec.' A perfectly dark and creamy red wine that doesn't leave your mouth dry after just a sip.




Dessert - Christmas Candy Crush; Caramelised Popcorn, Gingerbread Gelato all sprinkled with crushed Candy Cane, served alongside a multi layered Cheesecake, topped with Candy Floss. Just read that again. WOW. What I loved with this dessert, was the presentation. It was such a pretty dessert to look at. And once you start eating, it just gets even better. A fridge cheesecake that is just like the one that my aunt makes, which is the best thing since always. The candy floss adds a sweet sensation in your mouth after having a mouthful of cheesecake. At first I was slightly unsure of the Gingerbread Gelato, I am not the biggest fan of ginger, but to my surprise, it actually tasted like a ginger biscuit. Not like vanilla ice cream that has a ginger biscuit crushed in, but the gelato is smooth and actually tastes like a proper ginger biscuit. Now who doesn't love some caramelised popcorn? Just to add to it, the perfect something to add some more texture to the plate.





A word on our fantastic servers. That is just it. They were fantastic and extremely friendly at all times and were not in our faces too much to ask to clear the table or if we needed more wine. If they saw your wine glass on the empty side, they would silently fill it up before you having to ask.


The restaurant has exquisite African decor, and with the high ceilings, it is the perfect place for the stunning and thought provoking art pieces that are to be seen.




I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone wanting to not just have another dinner, but a culinary adventure & experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment