Tuesday 2 June 2015

@threads_project


The newest happenings in Cape Town called the Threads Project. I had a fellow blogger down in the Mother City head out to the launch of the this new venture and this is what The Cool Kid aka Musa Nyangiwe has to say on what went down.

This past Saturday I had the pleasure of attending the official launch of the Threads Project concept store.
The invitation said ‘Woodstock’ so I was immediately very skeptical.
But, let me tell you. When I got there it was nothing like what I expected.  

Threads Project is basically a platform for emerging local artists/designers to showcase their work directly to the consumers. The whole idea of supporting local really appeals to me and the passion that the founder, Greg Swanepoel, has for this project really inspires me with my own ventures.

Embedded image permalink

As for the store itself, I imagined a big space filled with unwanted junk, which in my defense is what Woodstock is about, but the Threads store is the exact opposite. The design is modern but still has a warm and welcoming vibe to it and so do the people.

As soon as I walked in I got a sense of freedom to really interact with the clothing and all the other pieces because I felt like I was at an indoor market which is something completely new to me. You can buy furniture; clothing; leather goods; and jewelry all in one place with none of it being second-hand.


The store is just a physical representation of what the online platform is like with a very easy to follow catalog and user-friendly checkout. I have been on the website but find that, to really get a feel of the kind of lifestyle and vibe the Threads Project offers, a store was such a great idea. Also people, including myself, love to be able to touch what they are buying and really get a feel of it before checking out.






After checking the store out, I would seriously recommend going on the online platform and checking out what they’re all about.


Even better, take the time and head to their store at 349 Albert Road in Woodstock and see what they are all about. 

They are on the web: www.threadsproject.co.za
Follow 'em on Twitter: @threads_project
Check them out on Facebook: ThreadsProject.com

A little more about @thecoolkidcpt

Check out his own blog: The Cool Kid and follow him on Twitter: @thecoolkidcpt


No comments:

Post a Comment