Tuesday 23 November 2021

Laarman Wines - First Platter's 5-Stars

Latest news from Laarman Wines - clinching 2 5-stars in the new 2022 Platter's by Diners Club South African Wine Guide.
That's 5-stars for their 2019 Focal Point Chardonnay & the 2019 Focal Point Cinsault. And it's the first 5-stars for winemaker Arco Laarman. 

Laarman, who spent 2 decades at one of leading wineries in Paarl, embarked on his own journey in 2017 to create site-specific wine that are a true expression of the terroir. "It is an affirmation that the vineyard sites I am working with are giving me the results I am looking for in my wines," says Laarman.

The Focal Point Chardonnay is produced with grapes that have been sourced from Vermaaklikheid, which offer a rather unique cooler-climate coastal, limestone rich terroir. Whilst the Cinsault hails from Paarl. 


"I am extremely happy with the results after three vintages of working on my own wines to achieve 5-stars on both my Focal Point wines."

Check them out here
Or support them by buying wine via Cape Site Specific, which is a collaboration of producers who share a vision of creating wines from specific vineyard sites. Check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment