Friday 2 November 2018

Weekend Getaway - Kloofzicht Lodge

Need that quick weekend getaway but the rising petrol price is making you think twice about a far drive? Well, then you should keep on reading. Settled just a stone throw away from Joburg & Pretoria, between the Cradle of Humankind mountains you'll find Kloofzicht Lodge. 


Whilst sipping on a glass of wine, overlooking rather exquisite fly fishing dams, there is a calming stillness that will have you relaxing in no time after your arrival. 



There are 60 suites that all overlook the water & you'll have quite the view from your very own private balcony, which in my mind is always an added bonus. Rooms are incredibly spacious & have been fitted with pretty much exactly everything that you could need. I was greeted with a bouquet of fresh red roses & a bottle of bubbly! What a welcome to make you feel extra special. 



So dining at Kloofzicht Lodge in itself is an experience on it's own. With over 18 years of experience in the industry, Chef Chris Tustian has brought a new culinary creativity to the menus at the hotel & I was promised a delightful experience. (I honestly got more than just that! See below why.) Showcasing his extensive knowledge & passion for food, using the best quality ingredients, he prepares contemporary cuisines which express his talent & passion alike. 



So I headed off to dinner. The fine dining option is something that I'll always opt for. There is just something about a beautifully presented plate of food that I love. 






One of my favourite wines, the De Grendel Rose, is always a winner with dinner & also, it looks rather pretty in a glass & photographs well. 

And there is a spa guys! You know how I love a good spa day. Unfortunately, I had limited time on this visit. So I didn't get to pop in & have a massage. But I know that it is there & I'm definitely going to get there soon to test it out & report back to you.  


Kloofzicht Lodge has a lot more on offer than what you may expect. They can accommodate up to 120 delegates for a conference in five conference venues. And as I mentioned; fly fishing dams are a plenty, so if you are one for sports, you can gear up & head to one of the dams to try your luck & show off your casting technique. 


You may even be lucky enough to see an array of bird life or game on the drive in & around the Lodge, as it is actually built on a small nature reserve. So if you are in luck, you could spot kudu, impala, eland, red hartebeest, gemsbok & zebra. 


Check out Kloofzicht Lodge here. It's honestly a great little getaway spot that is close enough to the city, but far away enough to make that much needed break. 

2 comments:

  1. I just take a peek and saw your post. It is worth reading and the place also is wonderful. Thank you for sharing this with us. hotel in bangkok

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lodge looks interesting and I will refer this to my friend , he will glad to see this.

    ReplyDelete