Friday 24 June 2016

Dinner for the #MetroMan @ Metro

#DineJoziStyleMetro


We recently got the opportunity to visit Metro Restaurant & Lounge at their new location after relocating to Grosvenor Crossing in Bryanston, Johannesburg, as part of the #DineJoziStyle experience.



On arrival we had been shown to a private dining area by Kosta Kosmas (owner of Metro) in the restaurant, with candle light adding to the ambiance. Where my wine of choice for the evening was a 2014 Wildekrans - Cabernet Franc Merlot. A South African Bordeaux styled blend, which was perfectly paired with my main meal, the Honey & Orange basted Goat (as featured below). I would say this is a great wine to be enjoyed with venison or a tender cut of beef.



Starters: Greek Salad, Creamy Peri-Peri Chicken Liver, Grilled Haloumi, Chorizo, Sticky Chicken Wings & Fillet Kebab.





Main Meal: Goat with a Honey & Orange glaze, served with maize rice & roasted beetroot. At first I was unsure about what I would be having for my main meal, but then I opted for something that I would generally not make at home for myself. And that is when the Goat dish sort of was a given choice. The thing you need to know about Goat is that it is very much just like having lamb and has a very similar taste. However the Goat is considered to be 'Game' and is a bit more on the tough side, so don't expect a very soft & tender piece of meat. Don't get me wrong, it was wonderfully cooked and perfectly seasoned. I think that the chef was maybe a bit generous on the helping of sauce served on the meal, as there was a bit much for my liking. My personal preference is to have sauce served in a separate side dish, but that is just me. Tasting notes on the sauce: what a great combination of citrus & honey. It really goes very well with the goat.


Dessert: Lindt Bomb Bons, Baobab Cheesecake, Tiramisu, Malva Pudding, Chocolate Brownies with Vanilla Ice Cream.



For those of you, who know me, will know that I just love bubbly and no night out with friends around a dinner table would be complete without it.


Notes on the desserts: You simply must have one of the Lindt Bomb Bons. They are simply delicious. A Lindt chocolate ball that is wrapped in phyllo pastry and baked in the oven for about 35 seconds results in a molten chocolate delight wrapped in a crisp pastry.

Metro Restaurant & Lounge will most definitely be seeing me again. Metro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment